Follow Me On Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ALovingVegan/

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Wedding planning



 So my goodness, I did not appreciate the planning and money that goes into a wedding until I started really looking into planning mine.
I have changed my mind on where I want my wedding approximately 1000 times, I have changed my mind on the details for the ceremony 2000 times and the reception a few hundred.
I still have no idea what I want.
Originally I wanted a huge over the top fairytale ball! We set a modest budget of 10,000CAD.
Then after a trip to Cuba one day while day dreaming I started building other dream trips, I've caught the travel bug. As it turns out for 10K I could fly from Toronto to Shanghai, from Shanghai to Hong Kong and from Hong Kong to Tokyo, THEN back to Hong Kong and from there back to Toronto for about 6000CAD for both myself and my fiancé and that still left 4000CAD for park tickets and hotels.
So that changed my dream. I cannot justify spending a tour of Asia on 1 day.
This has lead me to some creative money saving ideas and I am still unsure of which I will end up doing but I will pass along my wisdom as it comes.
One of the first and best tips I got was from a co-worker she recommended I look into banquet halls owned and marketed towards South Asians. I googled  'Indian banquet halls' and a large list of halls that hadn't shown up on any of the numerous bridal sites or forums I had already exhausted, came up.
Most of these halls have similar pricing and wow. The average venue in the low range around me ranges from 70-100$ per person including bar, the newly discovered South Asian venues ranged 45-60$ per person including bar!
I was blown away. My fiancé and I love Indian food another bonus for us if that many Hindus are vegetarian and as a result these halls have a large vegetarian selection and most dishes can be made vegan.
 For those who prefer traditional north American or European dishes these halls are still very accommodating and can also do menus fitting those needs.
If you have never been to or seen a South Asian wedding they are decadent affairs, the décor in my opinion is too die for. I love the regal and over the top décor and these centers being used to accommodating such extravagant events generally include quite a lot of lavish décor at little to no extra cost.
For anyone looking for an all inclusive venue that is affordable this is my number 1 recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment