Follow Me On Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ALovingVegan/

Sunday 29 November 2015

Day 4: Is this reality?

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.” 
-Alice In Wonderland

 Day for was spent out of the parks, in the real world. If you can really expect a Canadian girl to consider Orlando the real world when its 30C in November! Curiouser and curiouser. For our out of parks day we got up super early with the plan of renting a car and driving to a river tour. It took much longer than expected toget ready, rent the car and hit the road and we realized before leaving the parking lot that we were not making the tour. So instead we went to a not yet open Disney Springs just to walk and get the lay of the land and then drove to one of the Disney outlet stores about 10 minutes away from there.  The Disney outlet on vineland which is close to Disney Springs is small so the selection isn't fantastic in all honesty, the prices however are! I can only imagine the money this store could potentially save parents but even for myself. I got the 2015 parks scrapbook + paper and sticker kit for under 30$, the book alone is 30$ in parks! I will get more into shopping and deals when I do my haul after my day reports are done.

  After snagging some awesome saving at the outlet store we were on the road again, this time to Tampa, or I should say Clearwater. The drive From Disney to Clearwater is a bit over an hour but it is a very pretty drive! Palm trees everywhere, so many small bodies of water, very scenic while practical. Clearwater beach was our destination, Jamie really wanted to swim in the gulf of mexico, I got excited that we MIGHT be able to see wild dolphins! The first little while to me was nice but not spectacular, I fed seagulls and swam, but then it happened, out of the corner of my eye, could it be? A double look and yes, yes it was, DOLPHINS! Two adorable, happy and free dolphins jumping and playing in the distance! I squealed, I jumped, I ran as close as I could (which wasn't close at all). I would love to know what the rest of the beach thought of me because not one other person seemed to care in the slightest. 
  After about 20 minutes of intensely scanning the waters in hopes of seeing more dolphins it was time to head to actual Tampa to see the Tampa Bay Lightening's vs. The Florida Panthers. Yes we Canadians took time in Florida outside of Disney to go see a hockey game. Want more?  The arena has Tim Hortons! That has to be marketing to snow birds for sure because there didn't seem to be any other Tim's anywhere. I actually don't really drink Tim Hurton's when I went vegan they didn't have non-dairy options , although some locations now do. Still despite not drinking it and despite them being sell outs I still feel a cultural connection as sad as that sounds.
  This NHL game was actually my first professional sporting event and I have got to say it was pretty rad. The energy really was electric, the played fun music whenever the puck wasn't on the ice and when someone scored they made real lightening, I know its kind of like a grade 10 science project but it really was cool I don't know why more teams don't use this simple technology to boost crowds. The game was really fun and I did not regret buying a 35$ t-shirt even though Tampa did lose. 
   By the end of the game I was totally exhausted and slept the whole way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment