Follow Me On Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ALovingVegan/

Saturday 28 November 2015

Day 3: EPCOT

"Put your hand on the future
Share a dream together around the world
With a voice from every country, A face from every land
We'll celebrate the future hand in hand" 
-Celebrate The Magic


On November 13th day 3 of our trip we woke up bright and early to a wake up call from Baymax! If you are staying on Disney property your room phone will have the option to schedule a wake up call, you just pick up the phone press wake up call and follow the steps from there. The wake up call will be from a character , we got Baymax but they change it periodically. We got dressed quickly int our nice clothes, I was Disneybounding Cinderella in a light blue dress with a silver bow, I totally forgot my black ribbon for around my neck in the rush. Before going to EPCOT we had a very special breakfast ADR. So we hopped onto the Magic Kingdom bus and off we went.

Clearly it's early
I love sleep and because of this had pushed our wake up call to the last second, and because of that I was very worried we would miss our ADR. On top of running late the main reason I made such an early Magic Kingdom ADR was that if you have a very  early ADR they will let you into the park early and the photopass photographers will already be out so you can get crowd free pictures! However our running late ended up not mattering as Main Street was closed for filming. So we ran straight to Cinderella's castle for our ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table.

  Cinderella's Royal Table is a flat fee restaurant. It doesnt matter what you order you pay the flat fee Dinner is 75$ per person with breakfast being slightly cheaper, if your on the DDP this location takes 2 credits. That said, its totally worth it. Included in your royal visit is a meet and greet with Cinderella before you even enter the dining room, and inside the dining room you get meet and greets with he various princesses and your choice of a sword, or wand with wishing star. I think I should add here some boys seemed to feel left out during the make a wish moment when they had swords not wands so let your kid choose, toys know no gender.

  We arrived at the castle and were given our invitation to meet Cinderella, while your waiting if you look up and around you may notice Cinderella's friends Jaq and Gus Gus hiding some where up above. Cinderella was sweet and liked my disneybound , even though he didn't get in the pictures she did take time to acknowledge my prince before it was time for us to go upstairs.

    Options for vegans at CRT are pretty basic, Mickey waffles, potatoes ,salad,fruit and oatmeal. I have heard of them doing tofu scramble sometimes but it wasn't offered so I didn't ask, I love Mickey waffles. The Princesses came around to our table they were all nice and fun my favorite was Aurora we had the longest interaction with us, she was kind and hilarious and everything you could hope for in a character interaction. It kinda made me question her ranking as my least favorite princess.
Plant Based Mickey

  After breakfast we headed back to our resort for a quick change before EPCOT. I changed into a Jasmine disneybound, it was a mint/tealish dress, with a gold head band I tucked my hair into and a gold necklace, had I have a thin gold belt that would have stepped it up.  EPCOT if you don't know stands for Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow and was originally supposed to be home to a community similar to Celebration (a Disney owned suburb in Florida). This is the educational park. Arguably all of the attractions here are some what education in one way or another,so while this park tends to be a favorite for adults because of all the food and drinks it shouldn't be skipped by families as there is the opportunity to learn. Our Epcot itinerary did not get followed at all! Due to Jamie getting really excited about food and wine , because we did not follow my plan we did not see the whole park! What usually considered a half day park we arrived before noon and didn't see it all, so follow your plans people! We did do most of the major attractions, spaceship earth (which was not at all what I expected but still neat), Mission: space (which next time I'll choose less intense on), Nemo and Friends, Figment ( my favorite).
Dominican Republic Vegan Version

The world showcase is the part we didn't get too finish. We made it home to Canada and answered some American questions about what certain parts represented and where it was supposed too be and how Canadians feel about the representation, we didn't do the Canadian shows because I heard they are dated and kind of boring and I don't like the loud sound of chainsaws. We did a quick walk through of the UK, America, Italy, Morocco,Japan, Mexico and Norway. Of the food booths we did Greece which had vegan moussaka, Dominican Republic which on request veganized a dish I am not sure of the name of but it was my favorite. We also ate the new vegan option at Sunshine Seasons in the land pavilion this option deserves to be discussed. A lot of people hate the Korma and were really upset that the "beef" noodles was replaced, I have never had the vegan "beef" noodles  but I really liked the Korma that said Jamie did not, also a girl at the table next to it took like two bites and abandoned it, the counter servers will let you taste it before you order so taste it , clearly its not for everyone so just ask for a taste if you don't like it they also have a vegan wrap and vegan sandwich or you can go else where in the park because Epcot is full of options.

    At the end of the night we sat in front of Norway to watch Illuminations Epcot's night time spectacular. To me I interpreted the beginning of the show to represent the big bang and the development of earth, it goes from there to a beautiful video,light,and fire works show about humanity and unity. Being unplugged for much of our vacation we had only just heard about Paris and there was something suiting, albeit almost eerie sitting there in the world show case listening to this beautiful piece about coming together and peace and unity in light of what had just happened. 

Every evening
Brings an ending 
Every day becomes a legacy

Every sunset 
Leads to morning 
With the promise of opportunity

We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

Promise You will take my hand 
As tomorrow comes We'll go on

We'll go on 
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Through the good times and the tears 
Ever on
Another thousand circles 'round the sun
If two can be as one
We'll go on


No comments:

Post a Comment